Taboola News is a news aggregation service that presents articles and other content from a variety of sources in a stream on a user’s mobile device or computer. Some users may want to remove Taboola News from their Android devices because they do not find the service useful, or because they do not want to see ads and sponsored content that may be included in the news stream. Other users may be concerned about the data collection practices of Taboola and may prefer to use alternative news aggregation services that offer more privacy protections. Additionally, some users may find the constant stream of news to be overwhelming or distracting and may prefer to access news on a more selective basis. Removing Taboola News from a device typically involves uninstalling the app or changing the settings on the device to disable the service.
A couple of months ago, I have personally dealt with this issue on my own phone and I wanted to share the steps that I found to be effective in removing Taboola News. I should also mention that while I was working at Samsung, I knew firsthand that some apps can be particularly difficult to remove on Android devices. However, the steps I outline below should work for most users looking to get rid of Taboola News.
How Taboola News was installed on my phone?
It is possible that Taboola News was installed on your phone through a third-party app. It is also possible that you may have unknowingly clicked on an advertisement or link that led to the installation of Taboola News on your phone. Alternatively, it is possible that Taboola News was installed on your phone by someone else with access to your device.
The Taboola News application may have been installed on your phone through one of the following methods
- You may have intentionally downloaded and installed the Taboola News application from a reputable app store such as the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- The application may have been bundled with another application that you downloaded and installed. This means that the Taboola News application was included in the package of the other application and was installed along with it.
- The application may have been installed through a third-party app store or by clicking on a link in a spam email or text message. This is known as “malvertising” and is a tactic used by scammers to trick people into installing unwanted or malicious applications.
It is important to be cautious when downloading and installing applications, as well as to be mindful of the sources you are downloading from. It is always a good idea to do some research and only download applications from reputable sources.
How can I remove Taboola News from my phone?
There are a few steps you can take to remove the Taboola News application from your Android phone and ensure that any associated viruses or malicious programs are eliminated as well. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, go to your phone’s settings and tap on the “Apps” option. Scroll down until you see the “Manage Apps” option and click on it.
- In the list of apps, you should be able to find Taboola Android. If you want to temporarily disable the app or completely uninstall it from your phone, tap on its icon. Keep in mind that you can always re-enable the app if you need to use some of its features later on.
- Next, you’ll want to delete any associated files to make sure you’ve completely removed all traces of Taboola News from your device. To do this, select the “Clear Data” option from the drop-down menu for Taboola Android.
- If you want to keep using the app’s functionality but remove the program itself, you’ll need to go a step further. In the Taboola Android folder, select both the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” options.
- Finally, you’ll be prompted to choose whether you want to delete Taboola News or not. If you’re sure you want to permanently remove it from your device, tap on “Uninstall.”
By following these instructions carefully, you should be able to effectively remove the Taboola News app and any related viruses or malicious programs from your Android phone. This will help ensure that your device is safe and free of any unwanted programs. In addition to Taboola News application, from the Apps list, scroll down until you discover the unfamiliar or dangerous program. Look for any suspicious apps that you don’t recall installing or that don’t sound like a legitimate software that might be the source of all the trouble. Malware is frequently hidden behind video or photo editing apps, weather apps, and camera apps.