AirDrop name change is a process that allows iPhone users to customize the name that appears when using the AirDrop feature. AirDrop is a convenient feature that allows iPhone users to wirelessly transfer files, photos, and other media between devices. By default, the name that appears when using this feature is your device’s name, which is usually your first and last name. However, you might want to change your AirDrop name for a variety of reasons. Maybe you want to use a nickname or a different name for privacy purposes, or maybe you just want to personalize your device.
I have heard from a lot of people that have experienced issues with changing their AirDrop name. Many of these individuals have been searching for a solution to this problem, but have found that most of the solutions out there do not work properly. If you are one of the many people who have struggled, I recommend giving this article a try.
Why would I want to change my AirDrop name?
If you’re considering changing your AirDrop name, you may be wondering what the benefits or motivations might be for doing so. There are a few reasons:
- Privacy: If you’re using AirDrop in a public place, you might not want to display your full name. Changing your AirDrop name to a nickname or an initial can help protect your privacy.
- Personalization: Maybe you just want to give your device a more personalized touch by using a different name for AirDrop.
- Confusion: If you have multiple devices with similar names, it can be confusing to differentiate between them when using AirDrop. Changing the name can help prevent confusion.
It’s important to note that changing your AirDrop name will not affect any other settings on your device. It will only change the name that appears when using the AirDrop feature. This can be useful if you want to use a different name for AirDrop than the one that appears in your contact information or on your device.
Whatever the reason, the way how to change AirDrop name is easy on your iPhone 14, 13, 12 or any previous models.
Change Method 1 For iPhone Devices
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your name at the top of the Settings menu.
- Tap on the “Name” field.
- Type in the new name you want to use for AirDrop.
- Tap “Done” to save your changes.
Your new AirDrop name will now be displayed when using the feature.
Change Method 2 For iPhone Devices
- Open the Phone app and tap Contacts.
- Tap your contact card at the top.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap the name fields to update how your name is listed.
- Tap Done to save your changes.
After you change your AirDrop name on your iPhone, you will see the updated name displayed when using the feature. This means that when you initiate an AirDrop transfer, the name that appears on the receiving device will be the new name you have chosen.
It’s also worth mentioning that changing your AirDrop name will not change the name that appears when you share your contact card with a new acquaintance. If you want to update the name that appears in your contact card, you will need to update your contact information. To do this, go to the “Contacts” app on your iPhone, tap on your contact card, and update the “First” and “Last” fields.
In summary, changing your AirDrop name on your iPhone allows you to personalize the name that appears when using the feature. This can be useful for privacy purposes, to avoid confusion with multiple devices, or simply for personalization. Just keep in mind that changing your AirDrop name will not affect your contact information or any other settings on your device.